Saturday, October 1, 2011

10k training ....

I've decided that there won't be anymore Y5k there will only be Y10ks on Saturday! I mean business about getting ready for this 1/2 marathon in April and sticking to a Y5k just wasn't going to get there.

So today I ROCK a 10k training at the Y.

1st 5k 41.36 minutes wogging at a 3.5 incline
2nd 5k 43.11 minutes just walking but used the interval training button on the treadmill to go from a 1 incline at 4.5 mph to a 3 incline at 4.3 mph.

I was getting tired for the second and my arms/shoulders were aching. I just wanted to hang on to the treadmill arms, then I would hear the Biggest Loser trainers screaming at me "Let go of MY treadmill" that was hard, I was tired!

I can now see how walking at this pace is a whole body workout. I thought about how if I'd strengthen my core and my shoulders this 10k would become easier. That's what I'll work at in this month!

No comments:

Post a Comment