Sunday, October 9, 2011

My story ~ part 1

I'm sorry for the funky spacing, gotta love blogger ??


What made me decide it was time to


become healthy!



I'm not athletic, I've never been but then a couple of years ago I found myself in the middle of an athletic family.




My husband was a wheelchair sport athlete, until his body said "no more"! Now he still works out by lifting weights, and riding his bike.

I had a naturally athletic son. Everything he decided he wanted try, he worked until he succeeded at, physically. After High School (the time of the picture) he was working out with the goal of setting records in Powerlifting!


Then my youngest son was taking off in swimming. He was a fish! thankfully he was taking after his father and brother and not his Mother!


Just a few days before this picture I had decided that I needed to just love where I was at, size wise, health wise, and look wise. So I was 'enjoying' life with the attitude of "this is who I am"



When I got these picture back (along with all the Christmas pictures) I realized I was the weakest link in my family. weakest athlete, weakest in being healthy, I was not setting a good example in fitness, or healthy eating


and I was not really enjoying my life at this size,


I was just making an excuse.


I didn't really want to look like this



This was not who I wanted to be!


So I needed to change it!




On February 14, 2010 I signed up for my Y's


Slim Down Contest.

this was my BEFORE picture that I took that day!


that day when I walked into the Y,


I remember saying to my self ....


I'm going to do something about my health so


BODY DON'T FAIL ME NOW!


and the adventure began.....



No comments:

Post a Comment