Tuesday, October 18, 2011

My story ~ part 2

if you missed part 1 you can find it here !

I went into that Slim Down with a focus and a drive! I learned to eat healthy and how to workout. Over the next few weeks of that challenge I lost 15 pounds. I didn't win the challenge I came in 3rd place! That was a great challenge for alot of us!

When I finished that Slim Down, my personal trainer (provided in the Slim down) pulled me into her office and asked "What is your next goal?" I can remember telling her that I'd just keep going with what I was doing. She pressed alittle more about a specific goal and I kept telling her I was fine and I didn't really have a goal, "I'd just keep doing what I was doing."

She was firm on that I really needed a goal, and left it at that!

I ended up losing another 15 pounds last summer, but I think I only saw that number for a day!

My oldest son moved back home from college for the summer. He and I have the same food weaknesses, that means that we love the same sorts of food. I used him being home as an excuse to bring some of my favorite foods back into my home. Not only did I bring them back into my home but I started enjoying them also .... it was a slow progression but I fell back into my old ways of eating.

My workouts began to be effected also. I hurt my shoulder in a couple of minor incidents (non workout related) that started the process of it freezing up! I began to be consumed with the pain and my arm last fall. By this time last year, my shoulder was almost totally frozen, I wasn't working out and I was eating everything and anything I wanted. Gaining weight again.

I can remember attending a church meeting last November 13 wearing a skirt that I'd wore all summer that night .


this skirt in the summer

I just knew I was going to bust when I sat down! funny (aka sad) thing was I stopped by a fast food place on the way home and got a burger, as if my skirt wasn't already tight enough.

By Christmas I was up about 15 pounds, and by Spring I'd gained 20 pounds of the 30 I'd lost!

I had surgery on my shoulder and switched physical therapist and things began to look up with my arm. I started working out again slowly! BUT I couldn't get a grip on my eating. I knew I had to be accountable to someone with my eating.

About that time the Y put up notices about their next Slim Down! I signed up. During the Slim downs you have a personal trainer that works out with you and you submit your daily food journal to them! AH, there was my accountable.

Fortunately, it all fall right back into place......
I lost 14 pounds and won this challenge, but when it was over, I remembered those words of my personal trainer from last year's challenge.... "What my goal?" I knew she was right and I had to keep a goal in mind this time.

Stay tuned for the Healthy Adventure challenge.....

No comments:

Post a Comment