Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Hello my name is Shelly and I'm an addict.....

OK, it's time for me to discuss my addiction to High Fructose Corn Syrup (HFCS).

It's real, It's addictive and it's everywhere!

I know that if I eat something sweet for breakfast I'm doomed all day.
I'm snacky, I wander around the kitchen wondering what there is to eat.
If I can stay away from HFCS then I'm fine and relatively satisfied all day.

Now that I've been off (or much lower amounts) HFCS for several weeks, junk food and sweets still have their appeal (due to mental conditioning) but they don't taste good.

I generally take weekend off from counting calories and eat basically anything I want. I found 3 oreos, popped them in my mouth and they were nasty tasting. When I was done I thought these weren't worth the calories at all! I'd done the same thing with some M&Ms at Easter. I popped a few in my mouth and swore they were dark chocolate. This is not to say I couldn't go ahead and nibble the entire bag of either goodies! Eating for me is just as much mental has it is taste and necessity.

Watching what I eat is and will be a constant issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment