Wednesday, April 7, 2010

workout today!

Today was a cross training class day.

We spend the first 25 minutes getting our heart rates up by doing step aerobics. (I have 1 riser under my step ~ I started with nothing but after the first 5 weeks I knew I could add a riser.

Then we move on to weights strengthening our arms, legs, sit ups (on the ball). After about 10 minutes of this we go back to the step to get our heart rate back up. After about 7 minutes of step we go back to the weights and ball. This class last for 50 minutes.

Today before class the instructor encouraged us to get a heavier weight than we usually use ..... I grabbed the 12 pounders for the first time. It turned out to be an OK move.

When we were done she told us that this workout had been equivalent to 7miles! YAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment