Thursday, April 8, 2010

Summer Black Bean Salad/Salsa

All I can say... Heaven in a bowl!
I believe I love cilantro, I've never cooked with it (or mixed with it in this case) but it is perfect in this salad.

OH Oh oh I can't wait to put this on a chip, or add my Quinoa to it. This could just very well, make EVERYTHING taste better!

Summer Black Bean Salad/Salsa
by www.trainermomma.com
3 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
3 cans shoepeg white corn, rinsed and drained
2 cucumbers, chopped
1 green, chopped
1 red pepper, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
1 orange pepper, chopped
1 bunch of cilantro, chopped
1 bunch of green onions, chopped
3-4 tomatoes, chopped2 large avocados, chopped
Homemade Italian dressing
Basically, get ready to CHOP, CHOP, CHOP!
Dump it all in a very large bowl and mix with Italian dressing to taste (I used about half of the dressing I mixed up).

Eat as leftovers, add some baked tortilla chips and eat as salsa, pour over baked/grilled chicken or salmon.
This salad is soooo versatile and delicious.
It will be your go-to salad from now on.... oh yes it will!

150 calories per one cup

Homemade Italian Dressing
Adapted from www.allrecipes.com
Dry Italian Seasonings
Mix:1 Tb garlic salt
1 Tb onion powder
1 Tb white sugar
2 Tb dried oregano
1 t ground black pepper
1/4 t dried thyme
1 t dried basil
1 Tb dried parsley
1/4 t celery salt

In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients.

For a dressing, whisk together 1/4 apple cider vinegar, 2/3 cup canola oil, 2 T water, and 2 T of the dry Italian mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment