Thursday, August 11, 2011

Vacation Frustration

I know it's never bad to just take a vacation from working out and I know it's not bad to relax your standards of strict eating on vacation. BUT I just returned from 1st a weekend of wonderful family reunion food. I was all good and if that had been my only time to binge it would have been good! BUT we (my youngest son and I) turned right around and left on a mini waterpark vacation with grandma.

My mother is the one that taught me to eat. To eat unhealthy. It's just the way she was raised and she's always prided herself on being a good cook. I was so disappointed in myself at how quickly I just slide right back into that habit.

I had checked to see what kind of snacks she was taking and brought my healthier snacks (hummus, wholy guacamole, triscuits and carrots), so I did get a couple of veggies in. But the scales were not balanced and the temptations were too great. Really who can turn down a pile of M&M's or homemade chocolate chip cookies for a carrot!?

I'm just chalking it up to a learning experience and moving forward. Or moving forward after this junk food fog leaves my body!

No comments:

Post a Comment