Saturday, August 20, 2011

Y 5

Today was another Saturday with another 5k towards my Challenge.

BUT

Today I decided that I was going to start working towards my "moving to a 10k" goal. I was going to "wog" (walk/jog) at a race pace for the entire 1 hour. I averaged a pace of 4.5 mph so I ended up with 4.5 miles! I am pleased!

I signed up for my next 5k this past week. I had the choice of the 5k or a 10k. I really wanted to register for the 10k but knew I'd better train for it before I took the plunge. So dive in is what I did today.

I have been thinking that I was jogging at a pace that was too face for me! On the treadmill I jog at 5 mph and really can't go very long. So today I moved it down to 4.8mph and was able to jog for 10 minutes and then rest walk for 10 minutes. Since this was new for me, I couldn't really do it for the entire hour but it was an encouraging start!

My weight has just been stuck! it's getting frustrating since I have turned down some really tempting and tasty things and it still stays the same. I know it will break through but really... REALLY!

No comments:

Post a Comment