Sunday, September 11, 2011

10 years ago....9/11/01

‎10 years ago today I was getting ready for an upcoming 5k, my sciatica was acting up, I was limping. **

Turned on the tv just in time see the report that plane had hit the first tower, & watched in horror as the 2nd hit. Later I took my oldest (10 at the time) to my dad for a fishing trip. To reassure him of his safety I told him that we lived & he'd be in a very low populated area& that it seemed that the terrorist were going for highly populated areas. I also remember telling him that 'our world would never be the same'.

The next Saturday was my 5k, I remember wondering if I should go, was I safe?? We started with a moment of silence.

That race was across a local dam. That Dam had a walk way where you could go out over the water, also where the controls of the dam are. Later that week, the walk way was closed due to safety issues and it's not ever reopened.


** this was a prelude to my ruptured disc acting up and my back "going out" was down for several weeks after the race ***

No comments:

Post a Comment