Saturday, September 10, 2011

Y 5k/10k and Squaturday!

Today I decided to serious push myself with the 10k training.

5k in 41.3 minutes, second 5k in 43.15 minutes
10k in 1 hour 24 minutes

For the 1st 5k I was able to jog (4.7mph) for a full 5 minutes and then walk (4.3mph) 5 minutes. I was so pleased with this. I've never been able to keep that pace for the entire 3.1 miles. For the second 5k I kept and pushed myself to maintain a 4.5 mph for half mile increments then I'd drop to 4.2 mph. I have room to improve with the second but since I didn't know what to expect from the second 5k, so I'm very pleased that I was basically able to kept the same pace. YAY ME!

AND of course it is Squaturday! I left the Y and forgot to do them but the great thing about squats you can do them anywhere!

Did you know that practically everything you do is either a squat (sitting down and getting up from a chair) or a lunge (walking, getting up from the floor, climbing stairs)? If you keep those squat and lunge muscles in shape you'll be able to keep moving with ease alot longer in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment