Saturday, September 17, 2011

September's 5k "Dot to Dot"

This morning I was up early and left early for











There weren't too many cars out with me this early on a Saturday morning!









All of my races are attached to a charity,


but this one was the first where they talked about their experience.


Paulina Cooper died 7 years ago from a brain tumor.








(before race pic)





This race is to raise funds for pediatric brain tumor research. Paulina's mother spoke, then they awarded a couple of families that have been effected by brain tumors. It was emotional for me. New experience for me at a race.





Always a pleasurable first stop for me!










course was a mixture of tall buildings and tree lined streets....

there was even a fountain!






I finished with a new personal best

Official time ...


chip time 38.45.9 Under 40 minutes.




UPDATED now that I know what gun time is and chip time.

Chip time is what really counts, but the gun time should be longer than the chip time

sooo, I rechecked and they are backwards ... I did much better than I thought!


The weather was chilly



55ish, cloudy but the rain held off!



no breeze!







I really could have pulled off a better time.



I decided to try a new phone app that worked off my phone's GPS



to track my progress, time and speed.



it also had a music feature.



in the last 1/2 miles my music tuned down,



so I thought it would be a quick adjustment



to just turn it back up.... no the volume shot up to full blast!



I didn't stop wogging, but I was distracted with trying to get it fixed.







Looking back there was just 1/2 mile left! goodness I should have just yanked my



ear phones out and wogged on!






I'll know next time!


No comments:

Post a Comment